Wednesday 7 September 2016

"Diary of a thirtysomething guy... and gay... and blind" preview 2

I like to call Marc “a braille guy”. With his abs and pectorals; his biceps, triceps and quadriceps; his dorsals and lumbars; his abductors, gluteus, deltoids, trapezius and serratus; majors, minors, superiors, inferiors, anteriors and posteriors. Every single muscle marked and perfectly defined. Developed and well proportioned, without exaggerations or faults. An anatomy manual life-size for blind people and a pleasure for any gay guy. That's my ex boyfriend.

Unfortunately, his marvellous body chiselling with precision and his good smell constitute the majority of his virtues. For me is not enough. But, as a friend, I had no complains with his labour. And as occasional lover, he wasn't bad too.

‘You look awful,’ he told me laughing.

‘It's an incredible pleasure to hear your voice telling me so beautiful things, Marc,’ I replied sarcastically. ‘You know how to make a guy feel better at this time in the morning.’

‘You are very prickly.’

‘The problem is that the way from my house to here drives me crazy with that amount of cars, smoke and ditches.’

‘No, Santi,’ he replied. ‘The problem is you are too proud to have a driver that can take you wherever you want.’

‘Despite what you think of me, I'm not rich.’

‘If that's so, I haven't got amazing abs.’

The truth is that Marc was right. About my proud, I mean. And also about his abs, because they are great, with the top four similarly sized and the other two fading road below his waist. But I'm digressing. The thing is that I could afford to pay a driver. After all, I'm not a simple worker. I am the owner of a legal, economic and tax consultancy with special good press among people with a “disability” (I'm not very fond of that word, but that's a topic for another day). People used to rely on those with similar experiences in life.

However, I have always refused to have a driver or an attendant. I really hate asking for help. I want to be free and totally self-sufficient. And if that means that I have to put my hand inside the toilet to clean it or jump over stinky ditches every morning, I don't mind.


The book will be available on Amazon from 15 September 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment